View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 11:02 AM   #9
bleedmichigan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonefishin View Post
I just bought my first 5th wheel in June of this year. It’s a Montana 3950BR and I am the second owner. I have it at Camping world for some minor repairs and they said the roof membrane is “peeling back” from the very front where the nose cap attaches. It was fine when I bought in June but now CW is telling me I need to replace the whole roof for $8-$10K. I got up on the roof to tale a look and there is a small area about 1 ft long where the rubber membrane is loose. Keystone is telling me I am out of warranty which is pretty much what I expected. Even though CW won’t repair cause they cant guarantee the repair, I got the service tech to admit it could probably be repaired by stretching and regluing and then running a second transition strip behind the first and re-caulking. Seems pretty simple to me but what do I know. Certainly worth a shot before I buy a new roof.I’ve been reading about the liquid rubber roofs that can be applied and wondering if the rubber membrane needs to be removed or do you apply right over the old roof?
Get crazy seal. Clean the roof. Cut off the loose stuff apply crazy tape to the deck where it meets the roof that is still properly adhered to decking and then coat the roof. Should cost about 1200 and about 16 hours of your time. Then tell CW to shove it between each and every step while buying yourself a lot of beer to enjoy.
bleedmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote