View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 05:36 AM   #28
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Helen and I are also very fortunate. We are both retired Fed's (FAA) Me 40 years of Fed service, her 33 years. We have excellent pensions, Full medical care, I draw a small SS check. That is our primary source of income and pays for our primary life style. House, in NW Ohio, Taxes, Ins, Auto's, food, and everything that goes with that. That income provides us a very good life style. Our "great adventure" Life style is secondary.We provided finances that we thought would support that life style. Those finances are being eroded by many things the high cost of energy being the primary reason. We thought we would never have to work again.....Not.... I drive bus, Helen took a job at Disney.. If we winter next year it will be here so we can both work at Disney to pay for the wintering.We have cut our 08 travel about in half We were/are planning on a New England states trip this summer but at 4.00 per gallon Diesel+ that won't happen. I will have to stay home and drive bus.

We have a 'Great adventure" budget..It is a generous budget. We will travel within that budget. Our Great adventure is not as great as it once was.Our primary life style will not be affected.When we can no longer support our Great adventure..it will be over..

"Sometime you get the bear..sometime the bear get you.. Such is life...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote