View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 10:07 AM   #12
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Fireguy View Post
Our experiences have been completely 180. Dish is not the high point on the roof, 99% of the time I have no issue with obstructions (excluding my current long term location).
It was the high point of our Class A it sat above the AC by 3" however our Class A was under 13' so not real issue like the stock 13'5" Monty. With that said it all depends on which satellite you have installed and where it is located on the roof.

I was just suggesting that this be considered, it was not a matter of fact on every rig.

I also brought this up as I recently encountered a bridge at 13'6" that may be problematic and if indeed my sat was above the AC it would be a problem. I would not consider any Sat that would compromise the 13'6" threshold.

it was simply advice and because one persons sat does not elevate above AC does not mean another would not all depends on equip, mounting and placement.

I do not know if you camp much here in the NW but we rarely find a campsite with satellite view due to trees (and the ones that do are usually booked up way in advance), for us it was a total waste of $$$, however the portable allowed us to find holes in the trees to get a signal in most of those sites where rooftop had no view (which was roughly 80% of the time).

Just because yours does not exceed the height of the AC does not guaranty someone elses will not, never hurts to be aware and vigilant especially with height issues.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote