Thread: Almost ready
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 02:42 AM   #5
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
My previous T/V was a Dodge Ram extended cab dually. When I got that one, I was pulling an Airstream trailer. The difference in stability was awesome to say the least. After that first pull with a dually I was hooked on them. The turning radius on the new truck is a lot different. Back to making wide turns once again. Reminds of the 74 Dodge I used to have a long time ago.

Yesterday, when I got the hitch put on I had all of the parts and placed the rails and brackets in a box next to the cab. I told the sales clerk about them in the box. When I went to pick up the truck they ask me where the rails were; they had installed new ones. They didn't look in the box. So I offered to just swap them out and they took my old rails and brackets. Everything from where the hitch sits on the rails on down to the frame is now new. I did have them install a new bolt kit. I really felt better about that rather than using the older bolts which probably would have been ok.

This morning I was putting a few things over into the truck, you know the usual carry along kind of things; when I noticed that the hitch sitting on the rails didn’t have any pins in them at all. I had forgotten to take them with me and I assumed that since the hitch was on the rails and everything else being new that it was ready to go. They didn't say anything about the pins at all. Good thing I wasn't completely ready to take it out for a test or it could have been a disaster! I remembered where I had placed the pins and then I put them in. Whewwwwww! Someone must have been watching over me again!