View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 03:30 PM   #25
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by laverdur View Post
I have AirLift bags on my TV with an onboard compressor and self-leveling sensor. I wired the compressor to one upfitter switch and the dump valve to another upfitter switch. When I hook up the compressor kicks in and levels the TV. As soon as I get on the road I activate the dump valve to bleed a little air out to improve ride comfort. Installation of these air bags on a Ford Super Duty requires removal of the OEM bump stop that is attached to the frame above the axle. AirLift offers two types of air bags: The basic one that requires 5 psi of air to prevent damage to the air bag because the bump stop is missing or a slightly more expensive one that has a built in bump stop. I opted for the more expensive one. As an option, when I installed the air lines, I included a Schrader valve in the wheel well so that if the onboard compressor fails, I can still inflate the bags with my portable, 12 volt compressor.

I too have the bump stop Airlift bags. I nearly went to the automatic level up, just decided against it . If I remember its just a device mounted underneath that gets pushed ,and adds air until it levels again or something like that ? I like the complete control on air pressure , it appears you do too, so more or less that kind of defeats the purpose of a automatic system. I also ran two air lines with two of those valves coming out the license plate mounting holes to inflate or deflate manually, if something goes wrong with the compressor, pretty convenient there.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote