View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 03:05 PM   #22
laverdur
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11972
I have AirLift bags on my TV with an onboard compressor and self-leveling sensor. I wired the compressor to one upfitter switch and the dump valve to another upfitter switch. When I hook up the compressor kicks in and levels the TV. As soon as I get on the road I activate the dump valve to bleed a little air out to improve ride comfort. Installation of these air bags on a Ford Super Duty requires removal of the OEM bump stop that is attached to the frame above the axle. AirLift offers two types of air bags: The basic one that requires 5 psi of air to prevent damage to the air bag because the bump stop is missing or a slightly more expensive one that has a built in bump stop. I opted for the more expensive one. As an option, when I installed the air lines, I included a Schrader valve in the wheel well so that if the onboard compressor fails, I can still inflate the bags with my portable, 12 volt compressor.