View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 04:58 PM   #77
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowbra View Post
simple, look at the door sticker... but what's your point?

Brad
Brad is correct. Your GAWR is determined by a formula set by the DOT, and in fact they determine all the weight ratings on a particular vehicle by using these formulas. I don’t have the formula but DOT actually determines what the manufacturer specs are and the manufacturers use that formula to determine all of the ratings when the vehicle rolls off the assembly line. I do know the wheels/rims, tires, and axle manufacturer specs make up the GAWR. Even though there is wiggle room in their ratings, you never want to exceed your GAWR. You can exceed your payload rating, though I don’t recommend it, but you never want to exceed your GAWR. You are just asking for problems. There is no reason to have tires that exceed your GAWR by more than just a few pounds. If your load is close to your GAWR rating, you are way overweight. You need a bigger truck, or truck suspension modifications made by a certified DOT modifier. I do have the specs on those, as I had my truck modified, and DOT certified, to handle my intended load. I increased my GVWR, and my RGAWR by 1000 lbs., but
thats another story. 😎