View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 02:51 AM   #20
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

It wasn't free, he paid the bill in 'Nam
HOOAH!!!!!!!!!! I'm 220% dissabled by VA standards. Although you can only draw 100%. About 10 years ago, my DW and I both had the big "C". Both had extended stays in Hosp. with major surgeries. Even with State employ Ins. , our savings went away in a hurry. I was one of those who resisted going to the VA because I had heard the horror stories and had heard some of my "friends and neighbors" make comments about those who used the VA services. Then a real friend, a retired Lt. Gen. called me aside and said, " our parents and fore fathers who served in terrible wars are the ones who put the VA in place. If you don't accept what they have done for you , you might as well urinate on their graves". Needless to say it changed my perspective. The VA has saved my actual life as well as my financial life. For that I am extremely grateful. I am also extremely grateful that our nation has stepped up for the long haul for our current vets. If our nation, that practices war mostly for financial gain, wants to continue to send our warriors into places that can get them killed, or maimed for life, both physically and mentally, the very least we can do is stand with them in their medical and psycological needs. After all, they are asked to do unspeakable things for us. Proud to have been an American fighting man and used to being critisized for it. Larry
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote