View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 12:57 PM   #7
jetskier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22360
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnook View Post
Thanks James, my biggest reason for the package is we dry camp a bit and I thought the inverter part would allow us to recline the power theater seating without having to start the gen.

I could just remove the power seating and put a couple of recliners in, but that is a pain.

It looks as if I'll order one instead of buying a stock model because we want a queen bed and every dealer orders the king bed option.
Of course the sales people tell me "we can cut the bed platform and install a queen in the stock models"

D

I was quoted around $2250 for the 265W panel, MPPT controller, 20A transfer switch and the inverter. I could have probably done it cheaper myself, but I got lazy on that item this time around. I know I paid far less than that, but my out-the-door price was inclusive of all the options and wasn't broken down. I'd assume it follows the 30% off MSRP trailer buying rule so figure around 16-1700 actual cost.

If you want the power recliners to work with the package, you'll need to rewire the main panel as they only give you the fridge and two outlets with the inverter package. The breaker is labeled "inverter" in the panel. I have a thread for that experience of completely rewiring the panel and pulling all the circuits out of it to put on the inverter with an additional transfer switch. My plan next year is to add more panels and upgrade/add another charge controller. There's not a lot of room left on the roof for more than one more 265W panel. I may have to split and put some 150W since they are narrower. The problem is finding similar panels voltages.