View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 03:05 AM   #9
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

First, the terminology, it's not the receiver that helps with the reception. The receiver only interprets the signal being received by the proper satellite dish. It's a satellite dish that's reguired for reception.

I use a manual satellite dish on top of a base that keeps it steady. The hardest part is aiming that thing, in fact, sometimes it's such a bear that I consider finding that unblocked spot in the sky is the hardest thing I do in RVing, beyond leveling, backing or any other part of setting up, even worse than cleaning out the sewer tanks.

You can also spend $$$s on fancy automatic satellite dish setups, but I am cheap and don't like thinking that aiming a satellite dish will ever get the best of me so I've gotten pretty good at aiming the thing. Make sure you have all the right equipment, such as an HD (oblong) satellite dish, and I can only speak for DIRECTV in that you'll also need a special box inline to receive HD programming. (Note, AT&T now owns DirecTV and one of the first things done was that the name was changed to ALL capitals.)

As for the receiver, at last check it costs about $5 a month for a receiver that is HD capable per TV, more if HD is required unless you get some kind of lucky deal that throws in HD for free. I used to have Dish and they also offered, 2 TV ports and those receiver boxes were $10 a month.

Good luck with your solution.
My point in mentioning receivers was to simply point out that buying additional receivers was not necessary, you can just pull out and use the ones you have in your home in your rig if you already have sat at your house.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote