Thread: Inverter Help
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2022, 08:32 PM   #11
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwork View Post
sourdough, without rehashing the entire issue on this web site you will just have to trust me on this. I didn't realize it was supposed to have an inverter when I bought the RV. I used it locally with no issue with the fridge but now that I'm taking longer trips, I inquired at the local dealer about adding an inverter and they said if it had a residential fridge it is supposed to have an inverter. They checked it out and confirmed it didn't have one installed from the factory and started the process of getting it installed by Keystone. And no, it hadn't been removed by the dealer I bought it from because it doesn't have any screw holes anywhere it was supposed to be installed. The original dealer (1002 mile away) show "no equipment missing" on the PDI sheet, It must have been "penciled whipped" because it is evident that it's not there. Keystone said I should have caught it before the warranty expired. End of story...I just need help understanding what everyone else is using so I can buy the pieces and install it.

No need to "rehash" the story, I just haven't seen it or figured it out yet. No matter, get 1000W inverter (all kinds of brands) with an internal transfer switch. Wire the batteries to it and the outlet to your fridge to that along with incoming AC. If it was never checked, and you bought it new, are you sure you haven't overlooked it somewhere? I've seen them in cubbyholes, the top of the passthrough, in the front compartments etc. You can use the existing batteries (if you have 2) for the RV to power the inverter or wire up a standalone.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote