View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 05:08 PM   #14
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by David and Jo-Anna

As for dual pane window problems, I just tried a search on all forums, going back one year and including archived posts, for any reference in subject or message to the phrase "dual pane" and got no hits. Any suggestions on how better to search for the problems you are mentioning?
I did a search just on "windows" and from what I read, a lot of people do seem to favour the idea of dual glass windows, and I guess if I intended to spend much time in extreme temperatures, (hot or cold), I might feel that way too; but my reason for having an RV in the first place is to go where it is comfortable.

The problems I have heard of with dual pane windows mostly have to do with the fact the the large bedroom window has no screen, and therefore can't be used for ventilation, and the bedside windows are quite small. Of course, they are also heavy and prone to seal leakage because of all the bumping around they get on the road.

I don't doubt that they are effective, and I sure do want them on our house in Ontario, (some people even have triple pane windows), but I would find out exactly what changes there are in the windows when you go to dual pane windows in an RV. If you think you need them, by all means go for them, but be aware of the trade-offs that are involved.

Maybe someone with first-hand experience will comment further.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote