View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 09:02 AM   #34
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Spohn View Post
We've had our 2019 for about 6 month and have wondered from the start why they do not put smart TVs in these trailers. I think I need to find the correct size smart TV to fit the opening at least for the main TV. Besides cost is there a reason the use old school TVs?
I'm sure their reason was to save a buck, but the truth is you're better off without one. I had the same question when we got our new unit and then did some research. Turns out the Roku and Fire sticks are better. The processors are faster and they update automatically. You're better off with a dumb tv.

I have a four year old smart tv at home with a Fire stick in it because Samson doesn't offer the apps I want and Amazon does. We are so happy with streaming that we cut the cable and sent the satellite junk back. You can now get streaming packages with all the good channels for 1/3 the cost of sat or cable. Netflix has a lot of content for a good price and Amazon Prime streaming comes with the deal and you get free shipping on all purchases. I also hear Disney has a great streaming package but I haven't seen it.

Anyway, be glad they didn't stick you with a not so smart TV.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote