View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 12:40 PM   #27
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
Jim, as you and I, and I guess most on this forum are aware RVs are getting bigger and heavier each year. Add to that the sheer number of new RVs each year and the opportunity for unqualified drivers keeps increasing. Most of us learned by trial and error when there was much less congestion on the roads, and did so with trailers of a more manageable size. In today's traffic and large RVs newbys have many more distractions just in traffic to deal with. I bet most of us learned on the farm or by pulling small boats or utility trailers. Today we are seeing more drivers who have never driven anything bigger than a mid size car retiring and purchasing a 40' motor home or 5th wheel. These are the ones that need training. A license just shows that you have received training. I personally don't want me or my property-to be the victim of an unqualified driver. That's why I think that a minimal training is a good idea.