View Single Post
Old 09-02-2022, 09:16 PM   #27
allenclme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23676
Morryde IS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan&Dave View Post
Has anyone had a morryde suspension system installed on their Montana rig? If so, wondering if you find it beneficial and worth the cost
I just got back from having mine installed. Funny thing happened on the way to Elkhart though - one of the rear leaf spring bolts sheared off somewhere outside of Chicago on i-80/90 which is absolutely awful!!!! Good thing I was headed to a shop to have those replaced.

All I can say with the Is - huge difference. The disc brakes are fantastic. Much better braking without locking up. Definitely a game changer for avoiding the idiots that think they can pull in front of you and you can stop 20,000 pounds of steel on a dime.

Just looking at the build quality - way more solid than the stock axles. Sections of road around Elkhart where I had a lot of chucking and bouncing on the way in - were much smoother on the way out. Is it worth $8500? If it prolongs the life of my 2820FK and reduces some of the stress on the components, then maybe. The brakes were well worth it but you can install the disc brakes on a standard axle.So far so good after 1700 miles and no tire wear (i carry a depth gauge). The installation experience was great and the folks at Morryde were awesome. Gonna go back every year for routine maintenance.
allenclme is offline   Reply With Quote