View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 09:00 AM   #33
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
I suppose certain flags could offend others. The confederate and rainbow flags among others would fit that category. I've seen flags that I don't care to see but I don't get riled about it. If a campground bans flag waving then I don't get riled about that either. It is their park and should enjoy the freedom to run it as they see fit.

I think a campground with campers sporting various flags adds a certain interest to the atmosphere. RVers are generally outgoing folks. Flags are an expression of their interest or attitude. Flags can be inviting or a warning to others depending upon how it is received. Many times the subject matter of a flag is a way to start a conversation with a stranger. I say fly 'em.
Campground owners are just trying to make a living. Anything that makes people uncomfortable is likely to cause some people to make other choices.

I would prefer people keep their "causes and politics" to themselves. We're totally fine with everything else and actually enjoy them.

This is Thousand Trails policy and one we totally agree with:

https://thousandtrails.com/rv-and-si...rds-guidelines

Quote:
The following flags are allowed to be displayed at your site and throughout the campground/resort, American, Canadian, Military, including Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Coast Guard, POW, MIA, and veterans, sports and decorative flags such as holiday, seasonal or garden.
R.S.O'Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote