View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 10:25 AM   #40
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
I was able to obtain a campsite for the 2008 Lake Siskiyou rally in February 2008. So there is hope for anyone to get a campsite. I will call Lake Siskiyou and talk with them about the 2009 rally and see what I can find out and will report back here.

I CAN get Lake Siskiyou to block a large amount of sites for us but......
I would have to pre-pay for all the sites myself and then work with each Montana rig in assigning sites and collecting the money to pay myself back. If someone cancels, then I'd have to arrange money back to them. If I didn't book all the sites that I had pre-paid for, I would eat cancellation fees when I return ownership of the sites to the campground. There's already other costs involved in organizing a rally (which I am happy to accommodate) but I don't want to pay for the campsites ahead of time also.

Assigning campsites to attendees would be hard. The campers who have been to Lake Siskiyou already know what sites they want, but for those who don't know... I don't want to be the one to advise what site they will fit in. There's a few other strings in there I can't think of at the moment, but you get the picture.

When I did announce this rally, only 6 sites in the "300" section were taken by non-MOC members. This is another reason why (in my opinion) that a rally should start being organized and announced as soon as a campground opens their reservation schedule for that time. The early bird gets the worm

In my opinion, rallys are not in competition with each other and there shouldn't be any problems with announcing the next year's rally before the current rally takes place.

Together
Everyone
Accomplishes
More

Margee

EDIT: I just tried talking with the campground but the office is super busy right now. They gave me a better time to call back so they can stay on the phone with me. I will keep you informed.