View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 11:27 PM   #6
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

I removed the combo top yesterday after a couple of times at re-starting the dryer to get a load dry. I don't think it was because the load was too large. The heating element checked out good. I placed everything back together and tried to run just the dryer again. When I checked the clothes this time they were dry and hot.

I'm not going to get any more involved with it until after I get back home and then I'll probably call a repair shop or call Splendide as suggested.

On edit: The problem has been solved! I wasn't going to do anything else to try and fix it but since I still needed to re-secure the feet to the floor, I decided to look at the vent. It was full of moist lint. I failed to mention that sometimes it was flashing what was probably a code. I believe it had been overheating causing it to kick off. There is a rubber boot that looks sort of like a periscope just before the exhaust hose. It is about 6-8 inches long with 2-90 turns in it. This tube is where the lint had collected. I probably removed about two handfuls of it. It felt like it had completely blocked off the airflow.The dryer seems to be working just fine at this point.

Bill-N-Donna is offline   Reply With Quote