View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 08:46 PM   #45
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBear View Post
Good info on the generator. We already own a Yamaha 3000 series generator that works pretty well in our travel trailer, but it's not quite powerful enough to run the entire unit (i.e., 2 ACs, Microwave, Coffee Pot, etc.). I suppose I could continue using the 3000 and add a second one in tandem. We use our current generator at our hunting lease with an older RV and this would give me even more flexibility (i.e., 2 units, etc.). I do like the idea of having a generator (along with solar) for boon docking which my wife and I plan on doing some. I was definitely concerned about the LP generator vs. gas.
The Gen Prep provides for a sealed compartment up front that you can mount a portable in and exhaust through the bottom, I am going to do the dual fuel that way I have options and the gen prep is right next to the propane tanks. The Transfer switch and the connection for the gen is just the other side of the bulkhead in the pass through compartment ceiling. I plan to wire in a 50 or 30 amp recepticle in the gen compartment side wall so it will be a plug and play and easily removed. You can by quick disconnect exhaust extension also so you can take out or put in the gen in about 5 minutes, this way it remains portable
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote