View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 09:44 AM   #32
KIEHLS
Established Member

M.O.C. #19410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
By wear bar I mean the part of the slide that rubs on the kitchen floor on the slides way in, and out. It slides in and out with the slide, and is part of the slide, not the trailer framework. It looks like from your pics the damage is mostly on one side of the slide. I would start by raising that side of the slide first.

The bottom of the slide shouldn't be rubbing on the trailer frame, meaning that the slide bottom isn't load bearing. It is the adjusters and the wear bar that bear the load.

Describing this is difficult but if you work it long enough you will soon master it. Besides it will keep the knuckle draggers at the dealer from having to work on your rig. I did similar work on my 3160. When adjusting, make small adjustments at a time, quarter inch, and measure for squareness of the slide in the trailer. Good job with the plastic on the kitchen floor. You could get by with the two outer pieces if you like.
Montana Man-

There are no slide adjusters or wear bar on this slide. The moisture barrier of the underbelly rides on that cheap plastic 'wear strip' up until the point where it rips the 'wear strip' out from under the RV. Keystone has since upgraded that 'wear strip' to two humps and countersunk screws rather than one hump and staples. I intend to spray dry lube inside and outside of that contact surface before each retraction and extension.

All other slides have UHMW rollers. The dining slide opposite the kitchen slide has two UHMW wear pads, full length, with countersunk screws holding them down.

Thanks for your input and advice.
KIEHLS is offline   Reply With Quote