View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
Well THIS is entertaining

We decided to replace the TV with a 32" HD LCD. After reading everything I could find we selected a Sharp Aquos LC-32D44U and bought it through Amazon because I had some reward points to spend.

Of course Amazon doesn't really sell any of this stuff. The actual retailer was a place in New Jersey.

It was shipped DHL, so naturally it arrived a day later that it was supposed to. But the real fun was just beginning.

The outer box was addressed to me, but upon opening it I discovered an invoice addressed to someone else who happened to have the same FIRST name. It was a Sharp TV, but one that sells for $100 less and gets only so-so reviews.

I called them this evening, explained what had happened to someone in their 'Customer Service' department who simply could not follow! He kept insisting that I had received 2 TV's, but I finilly got him to relize that someone else received the one I actually ordered.
Then, he informed me that if I want to return the TV I received, which I didn't order, and costs less than the one I ordered, I will have to pay the shipping cost!

NO WAY am I goin to pay shipping for their boneheaded mistake.

At that point I lost it and asked to speak to a manager. No managers there, call back tomorrow at 9AM East, that's 6AM my time. I will.

If this does not get resolved tomorrow morning I will let you all know who the retailer is so you can avoid them.

I found a great LOCAL deal on a 1000w Sony HDAV275 system. Just under $200, and I got the last one in stock. I set it up to test it and there no comparison to the Quest I'm replacing. And it has an iPod port.

Mrs. Muddypaws is not at all entertained by all this.......
MuddyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote