View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 10:27 AM   #7
ileyld
Established Member

M.O.C. #9071
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jolu

Recently I installed a Winegard SK-3005 roof mounted dish. So far I really like it. Most of the places I go I really haven't had tree problems. I have read where others with roof mounted dishes say they rarely run into areas in their full time travels where trees blocked them. I have run into a couple of places where I had a problem setting up my tripod due to trees. So, I think you can run into areas with any dish that could be blocked with trees.

As far as the height, the height would be similar if you had a front air conditioner on your roof. When it is raised up it will be higher than a air conditioner.

If you look around there are many roof mounted dishes out there. If there was a real problem I really don't think there would be so many sales of them. The open face roof mounted dish is becoming more popular because of the HD capabilities and being able to lock onto all the satellites with one touch. When I ordered my dish on the internet it took about three weeks for it to ship. A lot of orders ahead of me.

I will still carry my DTV Slimline dish and tripod as a backup for the time being.

If you decide to go with a roof mounted dish I would check the internet for the model you want. You will find there are a range of prices out there. Most of the installations can be done by owners. Below is an installation video that might help in making a decision. Other videos are available at Winegard.com.
http://www.winegard.com/kbase/show_vid.php?vid_num=5
ileyld is offline   Reply With Quote