Thread: New truck
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 07:24 AM   #1
Shooterdad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8905
New truck

Good morning Gang, I am faced with the difficult decision of purchasing a new truck. I currently own a 08 Dodge Mega Cab 4x4 and have had so many problems with it that Chrysler has agreeed to buy it back. Thank goodness for the Lemon Law. Now , what do I buy next , my wife works for a local Chevy dealer, so last week I went and drove a new LTZ Duramax , nice truck and more comfortable than my Dodge , this weekend I drove a new 2010 Ford F350 4x4 4 door with the 6.4 PSD, both the Ford and Chevy were very nice , however my Dodge would eat them for breakfast , of coarse this was low end torque , and to be fair , I am not used to driving a V8 diesel , so it could just be a different power band. I am a little gun shy of another Dodge , but know that they have worked out some of the issues I was having. Our local dealer said they would have the new Ram trucks in several weeks , so I will wait to look at them before I decide on anything. on the good side for Dodge , there 2010 trucks wont have to have a UREA tank on there 2010 trucks , nor does Fords 2010. I really like the exhaust brake in my Dodge and other than software problems it hasnt been a bad truck. Of the two new ones I drove , both myself and my wife liked the Ford, and she sells Chevys. I know as far as problems , you can have them with any make , and I am not Brand loyal. So there ya have it, not a big deal considering all the problems in our world today....lol , but you know how passionate we can be about our trucks. Thanks for any input you may have . Scott
Shooterdad is offline   Reply With Quote