View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 08:22 PM   #17
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
Update on our current status of getting warranty repairs done on our 3400RL in AZ.. Gene's RV decided not to come out to inspect our problems. I had contacted the Montana service department in Goshen early Monday morning before receiving a call from Genes to finalize the visit schedule. Monatana informed me that Gene's was an authorized repair operation for them with prior approaval. However, if Gene's needed to charge a service call that would not be covered under warranty. I expected that based on previous discussions here on the forum thread. I finally accepted that as being something that was not going to be negotiated so accepted that even with a $60 plus service call it was better than undoing our set up here at the RV resort and having to deal with a unknown time at the RV Traders facilty.

So when Gene's called this morning I informed them that I had contacted Montana and Montana was anticipating the call from him to authorize whatever warrantly work that he deemed needed. Howerver, Gene then wanted to review my problem list with Montana before he came out. Less than an hour later he called back and stated that he didn't feel qualified to handle the slide problems and the number of items that needed work would cause multiple trips for him each requireing a service charge which I would have to pay for rather than Montana. He realized that was not going to be acceptable to me. I agreed. He then recommended I get the work done at an authorized dealer and volunteered to talk to the local dealer RV Traders, review with them all that was needed and have them contact me. I was satisfied with that and considered the way he had handled it as quite professional.

A few hours later I received a call from the main service office for RV Traders in downtown Mesa, not the location that I had stopped in at in the Eastern Edge of Mesa near Apache Junction. The caller was much more professional, had done her homework and suggested scheduling the warranty work when we departed here to head back home. However, she could not give me a firm time it would take and I understood that. But I needed to know how much time it was going to take so that we could meet our scheduled arrival time in Redmond, OR. After a lengthly discussion we mutually agreed that they should send someone out here to determine the extent of the work and what if any parts were going to be needed and then establish the time it was going to take to do the repairs. She now is consulting with her management to see if that can be accomplished. I can work with this kind of rational thinking and attempt to be considerate of our needs. At least from the conversations to date, the impression of the main facility is much better than what I formed of the branch facililty on the East edge of Mesa near us. So I'm now waiting on their return call to see what can be arranged and if they will have someone inspect our unit first. Ok, so that is going ok.

After thinking about this some more another alternative is starting to make some sense to me. We need to be in Redmond, Or on April 1st and spend a week there but won't be using the RV during that week. There is a Montana dealer nearby in Bend, OR about 15 to 20 miles away. It might make sense to have the warranty work done there while we are not using the 3400RL. And I can monitor things in Bend and if further problems show up on the remaining part of the trip back to NW WA I can have those resolved while still under our 1 year warranty period.

Will see how things work out. As far as I know now none of our current warranty repair requirements need to be accomplished immediately. Even though I would like to get them resolved just to close the books on them. I suspect I will have to make a decision on this in the next week or so. Th final chapter is yet to be written.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote