Thread: Solar
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 12:02 PM   #12
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by eZAK View Post
First let me say that I've been an electrician for over 35yrs.
And been installing solar arrays for the last five years!

Photovoltaic systems have been around for years, nothing earth shaking or worthy of guinea pigs here!

As a note the RVIA uses NFPA 1192 as their sole source for electrical system installations! Also, the NEC has Article 551 pertaining to RV's and RV parks.

The take away here is that, with no shore power, The RV'er will need to make sure that their batteries have enough capacity. After all, you are powering your rig with your Batteries through an inverter with the help of photovoltaics in accordance with National standards.

Now, Getting back to my Original question; I was hoping to learn more about the system installed in 'High Country' Namely the inner workings of the Jaboni system.

As to the Super Solar Flex... it is obvious you have little interest in what new technologies Montana is actually packaging together here. It is a whole lot more than just photovoltaic panels and batteries... but since you decided on the regular Solar Flex package, I guess that explains your lack of interest. Let's leave it at that...

BTW, if you re-read my original response, you will see it was not all about the Super Solar Flex and that I was trying to answer your question (which was very broad). I did so by outlining all 3 solar options currently available...
I also did try to help further by asking you to be more specific about what your intended use is, but you did not answer that. Instead, you decided to derail your own thread by challenging the information I presented on an option you aren't purchasing

Now to try to help more with your original question... here is a good video explaining how Montana has partnered with Jaboni to prewire for solar...

And, the Jaboni Youtube channel has more info...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChV..._L_x__wi6MGuhQ

I would also recommend reaching out to Keystone Montana customer service. I filled out a web form asking about the solar solutions and by the next day I had 3 phone calls... the district rep for my region, but also Sam Lengerich the Montana Product Manager (head honcho) and Matt Wolkins the solar guru doing the above videos. It was amazing to get such fast response and from the folks who really know this stuff inside and out. And, they have stayed available by email as I had follow up questions.

I hope the above can help answer the questions you have. We looked hard at the Solar Flex package before deciding to upgrade to the Super Solar Flex. I think the Solar Flex is a great basic system that leaves a lot of room to upgrade.

Brad