View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 02:18 PM   #47
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post

I've arrived at the conclusion that my "pucker factor" boils down to the payload capacity of the TV and what will do the job that will keep us safe and be within the legal capacities of both the RV/TV. Having settled on the Montana 3120, I began to research the TV manufacturer's web sites to cull specifications of the SRW SB, LB and DRW's.

Decisions, decisions and a big "gut check" before plunking down the buckaroos. If anyone wants to chime in - go for it.
This is EXACTLY the reason that I started this thread, to make sense of all of this. I'm in the same camp with you. For me, I don't care if I'm right on the "limit" of the capacities of the TV, but I would like to stay inside of the limits.

It's easy for me to control what I put in the TV vs. RV, since we have a HUGE basement, and all of that weight gets added to the RV, and not the TV. Even better, is that it doesn't add much, if any, to the pin weight, because our basement is all past the rear tires.

As it sits right now, the ONLY thing that I have forward of the axle are the batteries, a mat that weighs 10 lbs, and two bins that weigh 30 pounds together. So, I have very little "added" pin weight, like a genny, multiple batteries, etc.

We never take water with us, we always fill up when we get there, if needed.

At the end of the day, even if I did run into a situation where we were over exceeded the payload of the TV, we're not going to be over by 1000 lbs. So, for us, I don't want the extra baggage of the DRW for that 2% of the time that we're over.

YMMV...
CADman_KS is offline   Reply With Quote