Thread: Bedroom AC
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 11:37 AM   #17
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcol View Post
Having a 2006 3000RK I can tell you one is not adequate if it gets above 90 and high humidity. I installed a second unit like you are thinking. I put in a 13.5, manual operation, and a straight dump into the bedroom. It works fine and keeps the unit comfortable even when temps approach the century mark. If I had to do it again I would install a 15k ducted unit. That way if the main ever goes out I have some forced air into the rest of the 5'er. The ceiling diffuser for ducted is the only thing that is different and at least on mine, access to the ducting was already in the ceiling.
We have a 2007 3000RK and agree that one is not sufficient when temps are as noted above. We are actually on our second front AC as the first one rusted out. Ours "dumps" to the bedroom vice being ducted. One thing we did that was "unique" was how we chose to power the front A/C.

Our 2007 came "pre-wired" for the second air conditioner but DW told the techs to take the wires from the back of the circuit board and wire it directly to a heavy Duty extension cord. The techs originally put the cord in the curb side front basement area but I ran it over to the convenience center. It now will feed out the hole in the bottom along with the water, cable, etc. This has proven to be very useful as most campground have a 120V plug on the pedestal along with the 30A or 50A plug. Plugging the front A/C in with it's own cord mean we can run both A/C even if we only have 30A power available. It also is nice for the tedhs at the repair center or when I am fixing things at the house to be able to run an A/C with just a 20A receptacle available
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote