View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
tanner1070
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11365
Steve...I just went through that last week. At the top of the door are two hangers. There is a mechanism that rotates to release each hanger. On mine, because the trim on each side of the pocket door hangs down about 5 inches and prevented me from actually being able to see, I had to rely on touch. The rotating release will rotate approx. 180 degrees. The door should drop down. In my case, I had to use a block of wood to knock on side of the trim out a couple inches to allow the door to have enough clearance to come completely out of the pocket. Not sure if they are all the exactly same, but I hope you don't have to do that. The hard part was putting the screws back into the pocket door track. I replaced all the screws with hex head self tapping screws with some wood glue on them. I also added several extra screws for additional support. The self tapping screws easily went through the track and I could put a little more torque on them. Several MOC members had suggested I have a socket welded to the end of a 3/8" X 4 foot steel rod. Then using a drill motor to drive them in. Don't worry if they go in at an angle, they are solid and there is plenty of clearance to the top of the pocket door.installation. There is no way to get an arm or anything else into the pocket door space. Good luck. Don
tanner1070 is offline   Reply With Quote