View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #16
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
Thanks again all. Well I took it to the dealer. They did their bulletin check and came up with PIP4135B. This refers to a cooling system leak in the EGR valve. I secured a copy if anyone needs it. They carried out all the tests required including a system pressure test and came-up with negative results. We, the shop foreman and I both then smelled the exhaust before I took back the truck and the smell was gone. (Never would have done that with a pre-ULSD engine!) He asked me to carefully monitor the coolant level when the engine was at normal operating temperature. If I noticed a loss then bring it back in. I asked him about the regeneration cycle and he said he hadn't noticed any smell but he would ask next time they had a service meeting with the regional GM rep. He did say that they have had two faulty EGR coolers in the 200 or so 200708 diesel trucks that they have sold. All involved observable loss of coolant. He then put a note in my file for the service tech to call him next time my truck came in for routine service. Gotta love a dealer like that eh!

MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote