Thread: Timbrens?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 09:02 AM   #2
Kampn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18069
I have had both Timbrens and air bags on my F250.

The Timbrens did fine but the ride was noticeably rougher when I had enough load on the truck to make the frame contact them. The worst case for me was pulling a 16 foot utility trailer and loading it only heavy enough to barely make it touch the Timbrens, that's when they rode the worst for me. Also with the Timbrens the rear still drops some, although not near as much, so the truck doesn't sit perfectly level and it makes the headlights aim a little higher. When the truck is empty the frame doesn't touch the Timbrens and there is no difference in the ride quality.

Air bags cost more and won't last as long but they sure are nicer. For me the ride is better when loaded and I can always adjust them to make the truck level. I purchased the kit with the on-board air compressor and wireless remote control, I've been very happy with the setup. I would also recommend getting air bags with internal jounce bumpers to protect them against damage if they ever bottomed out, due to an air leak or not enough air pressure for the load on the truck.
Kampn is offline   Reply With Quote