View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 04:57 AM   #17
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
Update...After RVing for over 9 years with 2 different Montanas, I thought I knew a "little" about how they work. I was totally wrong. Paul Everts RV, in Fresno, diagnosed it as a bad motor and transmission. Good Sam Extended Warranty to the rescue. Paul Everts "overnighted" an Atwood motor and transmission and put it in the next day. All is well again.

Well, almost.... Last night, after supper, the DW and I were sitting back enjoying the quiet of the evening when we heard a "thump". A few minutes lates we began to smell something like garbage. A walk outside with a flashlight confirmed our worst fears. Water was pouring out of the belly in the vicinity of the galley tank. We are in a full hook-up with the galley and grey water valves open. No other water was in use when it happened. Nuts, rats, phooey, etc. We will have a Mobile RV Repair guy look at it today since we are out of warranty. If it is a ruptured galley tank, we will take the RV to Camping World for repairs (under the extended warranty). If it is a burst pipe, the extended warrranty will not cover it, so we will have the mobile repairman fix it in place.

More to come later.... My biorythms must be at a low point right now. I also dropped my cell phone yesterday. The screen is trashed. Gotta wait until 10:00 AM for Verizon to open so I can replace it. But, the sun is out, I am vertical and breathing, the DW is her usual sunshiney self. All will be right with the world - soon.

The good news...it is written that trouble shall come to pass - but nowhere is it written that trouble shall come to "stay"! Time for a cup of coffee.
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote