View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 06:10 AM   #5
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
We just got home yesterday from a very nice trip up the coast of Maine. We never made it to PEI as Hurricane Dorian about wiped out the CG we were going to stay (Cavendish) in plus did a bunch of damage to others. Maybe next year. We only got about 2-3 inches of rain near Acadia

We did get as far as Lubec Maine and Campobello Island, New Brunswick - a beautiful place to visit. We also toured Acadia National Park (both sites), wandered Booth Bay and many other coastal areas. We tried unsuccessfully, to reduce the seafood availability. I refused to pay $20-25 for a lobster roll though.

At Sunset Point CG in Harrington, ME, the CG owner will cook up a lobster for you and deliver to your RV. A 1-1/2 and a 1-3/4 pound lobster was a grand total of $26 and steamed perfectly. Great but very small CG that we stayed at 2 years ago as well.

We did our pilgrimage to LL Bean - phew, but their prices know no bounds! We also went to Kittery Trading Post - name brands, decent pricing. Bob's Crab House next door has great food. We took our two poodlepups to the beach - I think they were wiped out after digging holes in the sand and dodging waves.

Lots of RVs from the smallest rPods to MHs that defy your imagination. CG owners have to be happy as most are still near capacity. None of the CG was not good though our last one in NH is a WIP that may never happen

Wandered over to New Hampshire and the Mt. Washington area for a bit more sight seeing - as ever, beautiful even though the Old Man of the Mountain fell 4-5 years ago.

If you are headed to New England, the leaves are starting to turn this week. Weekend traffic is unbelievable. We drove through Kennebunkport at virtually no MPH. A word of warning - many Maine roads are in horrible shape (i.e. US 1 and ME 9) with Vermont's even worse - US 2 is a safe 35 mph if towing a large RV. The Mass Turnpike has psyco drivers plus in bad shape. I also got nailed as a Cla$$ 8 tractor trailer by E-Z Pass. We spent a fair amount of Monday evening unscrambling cabinets.

Go if you can, it's going to be a colorful fall from what we could see, but most CGs will close Columbus Day week.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote