Thread: fuel
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #17
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Wait until we see the quarterly profit announcements of the oil companies this /next week. (I don't think they have announced yet -- as I recall they come out at the end of April). In any case CNN and MSNBC News were both reporting expectations of 50 to 60 percent increases over last year. Now I don't mind them making the money if they are reinvesting it into energy -- wells, refineries, etc.; but big bonuses for their brass who have actually done nothing, well, you can tell by my writing tone that it upsets me.

As for the topic of this thread - we have already curtailed our driving and camping. No raises in the past 4 years for state employees, and now looking at a 7 to 10 percent pay cut plus furlough days this coming Fiscal Year. Not a good scenario for those of us still having to work. I imagine also not a good scenario for those of you retired and on fixed income. However, as several have mentioned, you have the option to spend a few more days in one place -- the wife and I don't have the option of not going to work. (there are some days where I definitely wish we did though .) Off my soapbox and sorry for the rant.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote