View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 02:11 AM   #5
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
Had many sad stories in the hot tub while in Texas this past winter about RV'S. I could not belive some of the things that happen to folks and how much trouble they had trying to get things repaired. I deliver rv's part time out of Goshen to dealers all over the country and I find that when we go through the delivery check list at the dealership, they always find a number of things that are not right. This said the dealers only check for visual at this time,some do a better job than others. The dealer gives me a copy of the delivery check in that I put in my delivery packet which I send back to my transport company. The transport company sends all the delivery paperwork back to the manufacture. I would hope that all the folks that buy these rv's would take the time to really go over the one you are buying before you sign the papers and look real hard for things that are wrong. You should remember this rig was towed to the dealership it was not made there. Depending on where you live or purchase, this could be 2000 miles. The rv really gets a road test on the way to the dealer. Make the dealer set it up like you are useing it ,hook the water up,make hot water,flush the toilet,put water in the sinks ,run the furnace and the ac, turn on the tv, play the dvd, pull out the drawers and make sure the rear brackets are solid, do eversthing you would do after you take it off the lot.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote