View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 01:07 AM   #1
N5PHT
Established Member

M.O.C. #13754
50 Amp leg question

I recently installed 50 amp service at our home for when parked at home. I have a Surge Protector that reads the voltage and amps on each leg. Anyway, long story short I discovered my 2 A/C units are on the same leg. I wondered if this is common. We have the High Country 343RL. With both a/c running I was pulling about 30 amps so plenty to spare on that leg but just wondered if other Montana were set up that way? The other leg has washer/dryer and fireplace and basically the other amp heavy items so I suppose that is the reason but it would seem to me that the two largest amp draws (the two a/c units) should be on different legs or am I missing something?

I suppose the breakers could be moved around but I really don't want to do that myself.

I am not sure how to include a picture on this forum but I do have a picture of my breaker box and it shows the two a/c units and the magic fan and GFI on on side and the other side has the rest it would appear from the picture. I have tested and watched the amps on the two a/c units and they are definitely on the same leg. I do not have a washer/dryer installed and use the dryer breaker outlet to plug in an electric heater as needed.
N5PHT is offline   Reply With Quote