View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 04:53 AM   #1
margerush
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20713
blown tire damage

I had 2 right side tires blow on the interstate & lost the plastic fender skirt & sustained damage to a piece of metal (called a wrap) that's located between the fender skirt & entry door. A local/small RV repair shop has quoted $325+s&h for an OEM pewter (correct color) fender skirt from Keystone. I found a black (color) fender skirt with correct dimensions from elcro.com for $197+s&h. After I pay the deductible, our insurance company will be paying the rest. I know most of you don't like replacing parts with OEM. Your thoughts. Should I tell the repair shop to go with OEM or not?

I had a very good experience with Good Sam Roadside Assistance. They contacted a local Goodyear Commercial dealer (at 7:00 pm when all other stores are closed). They told me someone would be at my location within 2 hrs & he was. At exactly 2 hrs, the Good Sam RA contacted me to see if someone had shown to assist me.

Since I had (80# psi) Chinese tires on the left side, I had to go with Goodyear Endurance LR E tires. Now I've replaced the left side tires with Endurance also. We'll replace these LR G tires when the Endurance wear out.
Toad: 2017 Jeep Wrangler
margerush is offline   Reply With Quote