Thread: AC Vents 2023
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 08:35 AM   #7
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-CI View Post
Tony - You probably already investigated this, but wondering if you verified the internal "scoop" is pointed the correct direction? It should be turned just the opposite of that which would seem logical for the direction. There is a good video on the Keystone YouTube channel explaining the dynamics / reasoning.

With ours we never feel a lot of airflow, yet never have an issue with keeping the interior at the 72º setting even with outdoor temps at or just above 100º. Of course all bets are off if the DW decides she is going to cook indoors. We've been giving the Blackstone griddle quite a workout this summer. With that said, the DW and I always prefer COE campsites with lots of trees for shade. I'm sure that makes a huge difference as well.

As a footnote, the DW did line the bedroom closet and the WD closet with Reflectix since no matter where we park, the nose section always seems to be in the afternoon sun. Her mod made an impressive difference to keep heat out of the closet areas. Good luck with whatever modifications you choose to make.
Yes Lee I did watch the video and do understand the theory. Here's the scenario, Drive to campsite on a hot day. Arrive at site and setup. Open door and enter RV hot and sweaty. Open slides and turn on AC. Sit and wait an hour to feel some comfort as opposed to aim vent to couch, sit and get immediate relief.

Sometimes I think they over engineer jut to be different. The engineers aren't always right. Like the decision to put 4000 kelvin LED lights everywhere! I feel like I'm in a hospital. The first thing I've done to my last two new trailers was change every light to 2700 kelvin and add dimmers.