Thread: AC Vents 2023
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 07:36 PM   #6
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldbak View Post
I'm in the process of upgrading the vents. The 22 blade vents are garbage. I replaced one with the standard 5" louver and used silver tape to seal the edges and I can actually fell air coming out of it.

I just looked at the website for my model and it now shows the old style vents....
Tony - You probably already investigated this, but wondering if you verified the internal "scoop" is pointed the correct direction? It should be turned just the opposite of that which would seem logical for the direction. There is a good video on the Keystone YouTube channel explaining the dynamics / reasoning.

With ours we never feel a lot of airflow, yet never have an issue with keeping the interior at the 72º setting even with outdoor temps at or just above 100º. Of course all bets are off if the DW decides she is going to cook indoors. We've been giving the Blackstone griddle quite a workout this summer. With that said, the DW and I always prefer COE campsites with lots of trees for shade. I'm sure that makes a huge difference as well.

As a footnote, the DW did line the bedroom closet and the WD closet with Reflectix since no matter where we park, the nose section always seems to be in the afternoon sun. Her mod made an impressive difference to keep heat out of the closet areas. Good luck with whatever modifications you choose to make.
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote