Thread: Artic Package
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #140
kcaravelli
Established Member

M.O.C. #11481
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exav8tr

I agree completely with the premise that the RV industry is a "relic" in the manufacturing industry, however, the question is "How do we continue to satisfy our RVing needs WITHOUT supporting this industry?" Make our own?. It seems the only thing these folks understand is the $$$$$$. It seems the only way to get anything done in this world today is to affect the bottom line. So do we all quit buying for a few years until they get their act together? or do we buy and constantly complain? They know they have us over a barrel. We want their product so much we are willing to accept lower quality. What a dilemna that puts us in....To buy or not to buy, is akin to "RV or not to RV". If we continue to push for the "Perfect RV", we may end up pushing ourselves out of the market. I know many of us cannot afford a High end unit, so we settle for something less expensive and figure we may have to put in some "sweat equity" to maintain it. What is nice about fulltiming, is that you can usually avoid the weather extremes, I know I have the last four years......
My friend I am afraid you are mistaken, RV munufactures have been closing left and right. The onlyh ones that will stay open are the ones we support. That is our choice and if they don't build quality, we should not buy them.
kcaravelli is offline   Reply With Quote