Thread: Shower drain
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 06:54 AM   #31
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSFORD99 View Post
Not knowing I had these Hepvo valves , I poured antifreeze down them anyway when I winterized.

Years ago we had a 26' travel trailer we bought used from a friend, he told me how he winterized it. Opened the two low point drains , take a leaf blower ,and blow out the traps, plus he had a small piece of 2x4 ,that he used to prop open the toilet to leave it that way all winter . I just followed his lead, and never had any problems, nor any odors, of course the tanks were all empty. Maybe it all aired out before spring Anyway the last thing I worry about is traps drying up in an RV, I am guessing the manufacturer could care less about them drying up, and more of the limited space to be able to install a trap. With my fifth wheel that shower trap is behind my basement wall, I will for sure take a look at it next spring, and see. The least I will do is clean it, but will just see if there is room for a conventional p-trap.

On occasion when using the shower I get a faint odor, I suspect now that I know what trap it is, I am guessing its not closing up properly .
I find that a shower does a good job of getting rid of odors.