View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 02:36 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
"Rich, could you list which ones Ford Says to use? Chevy doesn't say to use any, but I'm wondering what the new 08 Ford truck owners manual says as to Brand??"
On page 11 of my Power stroke manual, under cold weather starting it says"use a minimum of 45 cetane diesel fuel or use cetane boosters from a reputable manufacturer" Starting on page 32 Read "fuel Quality" Were it indicates fuel additives should not be necessary.Also says do not blend engine oil with diesel fuel under ANY circumstances...Then under diesel fuel conditioner "additives that will improve fuel cetane numbers may be used to verify/improve fuel quality.. Motorcraft Cetane Booster& performance enhancer PM-17A (US) PM-17-B (Canada) or equivalent.. Also "do NOT use alchol based additives to correct fuel gelling"

These are new diesel motors, new emission standards. The fuel is different (ULSD) The emission system is different (DPF). There is much to learn. There are many articles on the internet (Google diesel fuel) that are enlightening on the new motors, Cetane rating, etc....the wives tales and urban legends of fuel additives do not apply and it is doubtful that they ever did. We use powerservice Diesel Kleen ULSD Formula and my Ford dealer says that is just fine. As for myself and my shinny new Ford truck We are going to continue to learn from the experts and follow manufactureres spec's and read but ignore the .... been doing it for years without a problem crowd...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote