View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 12:58 PM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I have a 4X4 because.. That's what I have always driven before the RV days and I just carried it over. Being from northern New York where they measure yearly snow accumulation in hundreds of inches you learn to appreciate 4X4's. Since we have been fulltiming I have needed 4 wheel drive numerous times. A few times on wet grass. The 1st time was in my own backyard. Wanted to move the rig onto the driveway in preparation of embarking on our fulltime adventure the next morning. Another one in was trying to back up hill into a site on wet grass. Another was exiting a sandy site, this one needed low range 4 wheel drive. In all cases without the 4X4 I would have required a tow truck to get where I needed to go.
AND this past summer had I gotten back to my camp site just 10 minutes sooner I could have pulled my neighbor out of a muddy situation. We returned just as the cg owner was unhooking his 4X4 Dodge from my neighbors 4X2 Chevy. If nothing else at least I would have saved him the humiliation of having a Dodge come to his rescue.
I would not want to be without my 4X4.

As far as a washer/dryer? Our 04 2955RL is not set up for a washer/dryer. If it were we would use that space for additional storage. We have no problem using the local laundromats. In fact the laundry in our current campground is less than 75 feet away.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote