View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 03:55 PM   #5
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
We use our camper at home all the time, and we sleep in it until the propane usage for heat becomes too costly ( = 30 pound tank fill up in 2 days or less).

So, we use our camper a lot in the early Spring, Fall, and even early Winter at home. Our driveway is adjacent the property line, and the furnace side of the camper faces the neighbors.

When we first got our MHC 375FL, our neighbor asked me what was firing off in our (new - at that time) camper that sounded like a jet engine at take-off. I laughed and said, that was the furnace.

At that time, I'd really never heard the jet engine at take off until he said that to me. Inside the camper, it isn't noticeable at all. So I waited outside for it to kick on, and WOW! My neighbor was right! It sounded like a jet engine at take off.

Well, it's now been 2 years and both he and I have gotten use to it. One thing is certain though, when we are in the house, and I've forgotten to turn the furnace off, I'm reminded real fast! No getting around the sound of a jet engine at take off.

So, it sounds to me (pun intended) that yours is perfectly normal. Don't mess with it or you'll screw it up.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote