View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 09:29 AM   #35
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
The thing you need to know and understand about these service contracts is what is NOT covered or EXCLUDED from coverage. Then you can better determine if it is worth it for you, price vs benefit. You also need to understand these service contract companies have set labor rates that are typically lower than what many dealers charge, unless you go to the dealer you bought it from, and you pay the difference in labor, so it may not be just a $50 deductible. As I was a new 5er owner when I first bought mine, and seeing some of the repair issues on the Montana and Keystone forums, I decided to buy a 5 year contract. I did NOT pay full price for mine. In fact, I paid near dealer cost which I was able to verify. These contract prices are negotiable. I have used mine a couple times so far. Glad I had it. Were the repairs more than the cost of the coverage? Not yet, but close, but that’s the point. Its like buying insurance. You have it if you need it, but hope you don’t have to use it. For some, like me, this has value. For others, it doesn’t. They bear the risk themselves, and that’s fine for them. What ever blows your hair back!
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote