View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 01:11 PM   #60
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
Doing business on the internet and sending out thousands of packages a year it would be impossible not to have my name and every thing else about be available to anyone who wonted to know it. And besides that it’s made my and 4 other people their living for decades. I don’t think that is too foolish.
Lynwood

Like I said naive... E-commerce does not require your personal email or any email to be public that is what Forms are for and why most companies use that format it is to improve internet security. Just wait till your email is hacked and then used to deliver a virus to you and your customers, that is just one of may senarios and risk with publically posing emails, especially AOL, Gmail, Hotmail domains. Park your car on the street with the windows open and eventually you will pay the price and succumb to the criminal element. This was just friendly advice from a ecommerce business owner who now employs network administrators and internet security professional for these reasons. Who does e-commerce with their personal email? That email is likely your MOC username as well.

Again to each their own foolish or not
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote