Thread: Army Nurse
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 08:51 PM   #17
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
Welcome to this awesome forum! I don't believe anyone mentioned tires, so I will. First off, I don't know the weights you're dealing with, with your Montana. I will say if you have E rated ST tires, you may want to do some research on this forum about tires. Many of us have stories to tell about our experience with E rated ST tires, particularly the Goodyear Marathon. It seems Keystone has determined that these tires are up to the task of handling the weight of our rigs and have spec'd them for use on the Montana line. Most of us have found that is not the case and have moved up to either a more stout E rated L/T tire or tires with a G rating. This is something you may want to pay attention to as there is much documentation of failures. Some of these have resulted in expensive damage to the body of the 5er. I know the thought of spending some more of your money on tires when the ones you have are new, not to mention all the other expenses involved in a purchase such as this, isn't all that appealing, but this is an issue that is front and center with a lot of us, for good reason. At the very least, invest in a TPMS so at the minimum you know when the fur is about to fly. When I joined this forum 2 years ago, this advice was the first given to me. Now, I'm passing it on. Do with it what you will.
And, yes, thank you for your service to our great nation! Enjoy your new Montana. Happy and safe travels!

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote