View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 04:53 AM   #28
michael346LBQ
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13110
The DW and i bought a 2011 Sprinter 29ft travel trailer, it was a unused new unit we bought FEB 2012 we decided to leave our condo and go fulltime for the 2012 summer, before we went full time we took it on a few test trips and we found about 4 to 6 things that needed attention the biggest was a tennis ball size hole about a foot in from the doorway, we took the trailer to ware we purchased it at Burlington rv in Racine WI, top notch Company in my book. It did take about a week to get the repairs done and it was ready for our full time experiance, after 4.months of owning the Sprinter we went to a camping world of Madison RV sale at the local Milwaukee state fair grounds, ware we traded the Sprinter for the 2012 346 LBQ Montanna Mountaineer , now this time its differant because we are full time and we dont have a stick home to go back to, we picked up the new fiver that day it was over 100 degrees the dealership was overwelmd buy all there sales and normal repairs they did at that time of year, we had an apointment for i believe it was 9:00 am while the fella was to take time to show us our new rv and go thru how things worked,
and everything before pickup was supposed to have ben gone thru lets just say it was a cluster xxxx but as the fella would come to show us our rv other customers would need him, so the DW and i would tell him to go and help others while we waited patiently i think we were there over 9 hours. we never had a thurogh walk thru , after a few days at the camp site we started makeing a list of the issues that needed to be fixed and we emailed our findings with follow up phone calls after many delays they finale came to our campground 3hours away to fix a few items none of which was preventing us from useing it, our terms at the sale, was because we were liveing in it they had to come to us to repair the items that should have never gotten past there pre delivery inspection, what they didnt fix when they came to us we told them that we would drop the fiver off by them and they can take all winter to repair all the rest of the items, they agreed and thru in a free winterization, keep in mind we kept very patient but used emails for 99% of everything and we never went in there yelling, dont get me wrong the thought was there, we tried to lead by example and it worked for us and CW in the end.
Well if when we get our fiver in spring and everything they were to fix is done and done correctly lol.

I guess we dont live in a perfect world and the reallity of owning a RV is its not perfect at all, and what works today on your RV might not work next week, this lifestyle can and will be expensive. as i was purchasing my fiver a comment was made to me when another couple that purchased a lower dollar unit right next to mine kept interupting us to ask the persone helping us more ?s he stated he spent allot of time with them and that they didnt spend as much as my wife and i did, here is what i told him very calmly i said everyone has dreams and everyone starts out someware the time you spend with them now is also a future purchase you may have from them a few years later, so i said go and help them again we will wait.I know i started in a tent pop up then changed as years went by so i told him everyone is just as important as the next.

It all boils down to the Quality of the Dealership if they over book they cant service the customer which also efects keystone and every other manufacture, its a viciose circle.
I am new to this site as i see everyone looking for what we all would like, how do we go about it as a group do we put dealers in the forrum that are willing to have there names listed with a comment section so under there advertisement there are collums on one side for complaints the other for satisfied customers at the end of the year they would get a rateing and if there above expectations they get a MOC plaqe. again i am new here and maybe all this exists. sorry to ramble on
michael346LBQ is offline   Reply With Quote