View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #10
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
You asked about the 3100RL specifically so thought I'd answer since we have a 2011 model. This is our second new Montana which we ordered in early March of 2011 and took delivery on March 30 2011. Although not fulltime we did spend 7 consecutive months in the unit during 2011, and are in our 8th consecutive month so far this year.
We ordered it from the factory with slide toppers and a second fantastic fan (bathroom) larger refer, and fireplace. The level up system wasn't an option when we ordered, but is now. I probably would have ordered it at the time if possible. Another option that's now available is a cabinet on wheels to extend the counter top. We've seen one, but elected not to order it because we found on with more features at Wal-Mart for $119. When traveling we store 2 of the dining chairs upside down and secured with a strap around the sofa. We then secure the roll around cabinet with a strap around the table where the dining chairs were previously. The bathroom and bedroom are accessible with the slides closed. You can either put out the door side slide part way for kitchen and living room access or do as we do and simply hop up on the counter, swing your knees around to the kitchen side and hop down for access to the appliances.
Additions we’ve made include a 2000 watt inverter, four 12v AGM batteries at 104 amps each, 2 Honda 2000 watt generators, 45 gallon water bladder and 12v pump for those boondocking times, of which there are many.
Our prior unit, a 1999 2850RK was never back for warranty issues, nor has this rig been to date. We've had a few minor issues that I corrected myself for less than $100 total. Much less than fuel costs back to the dealer.
In summation, we love the layout and hope you are as happy with your decision!
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote