View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 04:55 PM   #28
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Boy, it sounds like everyone wants to go with a simpler, more neutral decor and get rid of the loud/busy patterns and prints--and that fluffy headboard. Hope Keystone treats this thread as a very inexpensive way to survey the preferences of their customer base--whoever else out there likes that loud/busy decor, it's not the people who make up the customer base for the Montanas. So why not attract more potential customers by providing at least one decor package that dispenses with the loud/busy decor for the more neutral fabrics that everyone here wants.

Rich, I agree with you that Keystone will be sensitive to cost trade-offs. But I suspect that some of the proposed changes involve little or no additional cost--and will be much more attractive to potential Montana buyers. The proposed change to a more neutral decor package is one example--I would assume it is no more expensive, and may even be cheaper, to go with the more neutral decor than to pay to have busy patterns woven into bedspreads, curtains, etc.

And a number of the other proposed changes are ones that can be done by Keystone for a modest cost while greatly increasing the value to customers. For example, running extra electrical outlets to the bathroom, basement storage area and the sides of the bed can be done dirt cheap by guys on the production line when the underbelly and walls are open for easy conduit running--so much easier than the cost of trying to retrofit those outlets after the unit is rolled off the assembly line. And doing something like moving the rechargeable flashlight to a more reachable location costs virtually nothing, especially compared to the cost to us of moving it afterwards and then patching the hole left in the original location.

So I invite Keystone to look at the valuable input people in this thread are providing and make some simple changes that will make the Big Sky and Montana products more marketable.
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote