View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 06:31 PM   #22
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
I am looking at adding a third roof A/C but then I saw a post about New Horizons following Spacecraft and starting to install mini split A/C units. Then I joined an enclosed trailer conversion group and wow about 1/2 those folks are opting for mini-splits.

Looks like for sure mini-splits are the wave of the future. For certain they work far more efficiently and seem to be much more rugged than roof air units from what I am hearing. I am about to install a couple here at our sticks and bricks since our ducted central unit just bit the dust $$$$.

We have two mini splits both Fititsu. A 12000 btu on the sun room 200 SF and a 36000 for the main house. We only heat and cool about 1000 SF with it. The one on the sunroom will heat to zero with a SEER of 26. The 3 ton unit will heat down to -15. Which is a plenty here in western Va. it’s SEER is 20. We have 3 indoor units on this unit. A 12,000 BTU in the living room a 7,000 in the kitchen and a 9,000 BTU in our bedroom. We are more than pleased with both units. They both have heated and cooled our home better than the geothermal unit we had before and are cheaper to operate. The nice thing about them is you can keep each room at a different temperature.
What type are you looking at? What size?
If your home isn’t broke up in too many rooms that will make it hard to move air from room to room you will love them. If it is you might look at a Bosch Bova. Almost the same efficiency with duct work.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote